Ada was involved in Mountainside's first ever musical. It was a great success and the kids had such a great time learning their parts and songs. It all came together without many flaws by the final show on Saturday. I was able to help with the scenery and with backstage. It was stressful backstage getting all the kids ready and on the stage at the right times and then keeping the others quiet but ready for when it was their turn. We had some costume changes, added props and more. The ladies that were helping me and myself kidded about hitting THE OWL ( a bar) after the show. It was intense back there, but it was fun and I was glad to be a part of such a great experience. Many of the students came out of their shy shells and really found some confidence. It will be remembered by these kids forever, I am sure. I am sad to think that this is our final year in an Elementary School. I will be student teaching next fall and will hopefully fill a position in an Elementary school somewhere though. I love working with these kids and will miss them as I start my next journey.
I will add more photos later. I have so many and need to sort through them.










I thought the kids did a great job. You could
ReplyDeletetell some were a little shy, but were putting
their best into their parts. The costumes were
great and they all really did their best. We
enjoyed being there, took us back to our good
old days with our kids. Thanks, Ada for inviting
us and we thought you did great. Love to all,
Grandma Iris