Saturday, January 26, 2013

A BFF kinda Day!

Ada's friend Madison Rodak came all the way form St. George to see Ada today. Really~ that was the whole reason for their families trip. They wanted Madison to be able to see Ada. They were best friends in fourth grade. Madison's family had to move before the school year was over. It was sad for them and they have emailed, written and sent gifts ever since. We have tried to meet up with them when were down there or passing through, but they always ended up being out of town too. I couldn't believe that their family made this trip for the girls.  She came over around 9:30 this morning, I quickly took their picture so that I could send it to Walmart to be developed. 

Madi had brought Ada a scrapbook that she had made of their pictures together in fourth grade. It was so cute and thoughtful.

Then we headed to the mall to play around.
Playing a HUGE game of chess.
Into Claire's to get them a new Best Friends necklace. They have gotten two others, this was their third. We decided to get them one each time they are together. It was their tradition.
The girls wanted to go to Golden Corall for lunch. We ate, but mostly played and giggled some more.
Making mustaches and unicorn horns out of cotton candy.


Next~ the fun park for a couple hours of more giggling and fun.


We stopped at Walmart to get the pictures and then to get a ICEE.

The girls came home and wanted to play in the snow for a while since Madi doesn't have any. They started to eat it, but I had to put a stop to that since I am sure some of this nasty air is on the snow.
We painted picture frames for them to put their new picture in.  This picture is a picture of the picture holding their pictures. 3 in 1.
We made cookies and put some in a cute bag for Madi to take home with her.
Sliding down the stairs on blankets.
Farwell Hugs before she went home. Ada was so happy to see her today. As soon as she left, Ada got all teary and already started to miss her. She just loves her and I hope that they can get together often. It was soooooo nice of Madison's family to come hundred's of miles for Ada. It meant the world to her. That was a great sacrifice of time and money. What a great family and what a great friend for Ada.




2 comments:

  1. Ada is such a sweethheart. N wonder she has good friends. I am aquainted with Madison's Grandpa, Roger Rodak. He worked at the temple and he and I talked quite a bit when I subed onhis group. They are good people.

    Love you all and always,

    Grandpa Bart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger the scouter? I LOVE him! She must be from a good family!!:)
    Fun for Ada!

    ReplyDelete