We volunteered at the Presbyterian Church Community Holiday Dinner. I wanted the kids to help and serve others in the community and I found this opportunity and thought that it would be a great thing to do during the holiday season. We arrived at 10:00 and helped with some chairs, filling water pitchers, filling goodie bags, set up the Santa station and misc. other things that needed to be done before the guests arrived. The whole community was invited to come an enjoy a good meal that was prepared by other volunteers. Ammon and I left around 11:30 to go to a sealing of a family in our ward. It was so neat. They were sealed together with their four sweet children. I had taught their daughter in Primary and we were asked to take the Temple Prep classes with them, so we wanted to be there. It was a great experience. We then went back to the Presbyterian Church and found Avery greeting visitors and hanging their coats. Ada and Addison were Santa's little elves. They were getting the gifts bags and presents as the children came to visit Santa. I couldn't find Ammon after we came back~ so I went looking and found him outside shoveling the steep steps that led to the church. I was so happy to see them serving and enjoying this opportunity to those we don't know. We ate a good meal and left around 1:30. 







What a wonderful experience for you and your children. Happy to know you and Ammon helped a
ReplyDeletefamily be sealed in the Temple. Your Dad & I have taught several people & couples in our Ward the
Temple Prep. Classes and feel so blessed to be a part of their progress. You and yours are a very
blessed and happy family. Dad & I love you very much.
Love Mom
Great way to spend the Christmas Holiday Season. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSuch great memories. These are they ones we treasure. Merry Christmas and happy new year!! (Late:))
ReplyDelete