( I have forgotten the last couple of scout trips on our personal blog. I get them put on the Scout Blog that I am in charge of and then forget that I need it for my blog too. So, it is late.)
Avery went to Camp Hunt for his first Scout Camp. He is so blessed that he has such an awesome dad that spends much of his time with him. Ammon is a great example of what all fathers should be. He is fortunate that his occupation of being self employed allows him to have a flexible schedule and he can participate in our children's events. Our fifteen passenger van is a handy thing when it comes to scouting and church events as well. We end up being the shuttle/bus for most if not all of the events. We are glad and in all reality, that is why we have the van. It is very useful and it allows us to be involved. Ammon stayed for the first few days and then had to get back. Avery then had the tent all to himself and didn't even get scared. He told me that the last night, he took off the cover to the tent so that he could look at the stars as he lay in his sleeping bag. He loved picking out all the constellations, etc. Avery finished up his first class and earned four other merit badges while at camp. He is close now to getting his star. I thought that he would miss his mom as much as I missed him, but he was so busy and having so much fun, that time flew by.
Avery brought $10 to spend at camp and ended up buying a vanilla shake with flaming hot fire Cheetos in it. Yum! ( Really ?)
He said that it was really good. ( Uh, Ok? )
He said that it was really good. ( Uh, Ok? )
Whatever makes him happy.







No comments:
Post a Comment