We celebrated Addison's 17th birthday on Thursday, the 7th. I made lasagna and breadsticks and cherry chocolate cake. He wanted to open his presents that morning so that he could wear them to school. He picked out and we ordered a couple of Nike, Kevin Durant shirts and Kevin Durrant shorts. He was excited. He kinda likes Durrant and the Thunder.
I say "smile" and this is what I get. It must be the age, because it seems like that is his instant response lately to picture taking. GRRRRRRRR........
After voicing my dismay about the goofy picture, I get a true smile. I love his real smile, such a handsome boy.
Friday night, he had his last church ball game. He really likes to play ball. He is sporting his new KD shorts here.
Saturday night, I threw him a surprise party. I had his friend Trevor help me get the word out to all his friends and then make Addison think that they were going to somebody else's house to hang out that night. When Trevor came to pick him up, I gave Addison the lecture about being home on time and to have fun. I sent him out the door to get in his friends van. He opened the van to get in and found a load of friends were in there. They surprised him and told him that I had arranged for a party at our house. He didn't have any idea that I had been planning this. I cleaned the house spotless, made cookies, went shopping, picked up movies, ordered pizzas and made up a couple of games all without him cluing in. We played the candy bar game and a present opening game ( with a $10 prize inside). I then let them be to themselves ~ after all, they are teenagers. They watched a movie, ate, gabbed and played around for a few more hours. I think Addison was glad that I did this. He isn't a very vocal person, but I could tell that he was happy and that he felt loved. I was proud of myself pulling off such a surprise. Ada and Avery were so excited to be a part of it and helped me get everything ready. I took a few pictures, but the lighting or setting wasn't right, so this is all we have.
I love this boy and can't believe how fast time has gone to bring us all to this point. He is a great young man with so much going for him. I am so lucky to be called his mother and to have the opportunity to nurture and teach him the best I know how.







That was quite a feat, you pulled off. I'm sure he was happy that people care about him.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good and thoughtful mother. Addison has good friends, I could make a sugestion or two about his athletic idol, but then I'm sure he just admires his athletic prowess. I do too, along with nearly every one he plays.